Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to attempt to figure out all my budgies mutations. Please correct me if im wrong or add to them thanks. I hope they are big enough to see I took them with my ipod :p

So the male (Twilight) is a recessive pied, he has no irises and the female (Beth) is a sky blue normal

Checks is a violet Opaline ( he looks more violet in real life)

Now these two I have some idea, all I know is they both are Opaline but the female(Lime) is split for recessive pied, the male(Lemon) is also. These guys hate the ipod lol so its hard to get a good shot.:)

Here is another pic of Lime, I also think she might be a dilute.

And Lemon and greywing possibly.

Ocean (Checks daughter) she is also Opaline but light blue.

Here we have (sunflower, mother of Lemon) on the perch who is recessive pied has no irises she might also be greywing. In the back ground is Kiwi who is also recessive pied but also opaline.

The back of Sunflower and Checks

Kiwi again

Dawn (Lime, Twilight and Kiwi's father) He is yellow faced not sure what type, Opaline but also his front is split olive green and dark blue so I'm not entirely sure what his mutation is.

The front of Dawn. I bought dawn from the store and was wondering what you would have to breed to get this mutation.

Lasty Snowy is black eyed clear, he has no markings and no irises

So what do you think? Did I do pretty well?

If your wondering where I got the toys I made most of them myself.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm gonna try and practice myself! :D I vvant to become a bugdie color expert as vvell as I have alvvays been very interested in genetics of any animal.

Also, my double u key is broken so I've been replacing them vvith double v's!:rolleyes:

Tvvilight- Recessive pied, possibly violet? The little butt patch looks vvay dark to be cobalt blue but too saturated to be muave.

Beth- Cobalt blue.

Checks- Violet opaline

Lime- Kinda hard to tell. But My guess vvould be Muave or grey(blue based) opaline greyvving vvith Yellovv face type 2.

Lemon- Also hard to tell! My guess is Olive or grey(Green based) Greyvving opaline.

Ocean- Sky blue opaline

Sunflovver- recessive pied olive greyvving

Kivvi- some kind of pied coloration, Skyblue opaline vvith Yellovv face type 2

Davvn- Appears to be Muave? opaline vvith yellovv face type 2 (vvhich basically spreads the yellovv over the body, and blue + yellovv = green. XD)

Snovvy- Dark eyed clear.

That vvas great practice. XD But again, I am no color expert! You should vvait until a real expert drops by to confirm. :p

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Twilight and Beth are both Cobalt but Twilight looks to be Violet Cobalt
Checks- Cobalt Violet Opaline
Lemon & Lime - both too hard to see their colors to tell
Ocean - Sky blue Opaline
Sunflower- not sure can't make out the colors
Kiwi doesn't look recessive pied - she has way too many wing markings my guess would be dominant pied or clear flight pied

Dawn looks like either a yellow face type 2 Cobalt or a Golden Face cobalt - the yellow bleeds into the body changing the color - I have one (Named Bubblegum) is upper chest is Grass Green his lower body is dark blue with Violet tints going through it (he's blue series so he shouldn't have green - that's what the golden face(and the Type 2 yellow face) does to the blue)
Snowy - I'd agree with Dark Eye Clear

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol if u pronounce the words as you spelled them it would be like talking with a Russian or German accent lol:) Thanks for trying to figure them out as well, some can be difficult. I love to practice as well i would love to know if we were correct in our guesses :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Twilight and Beth are both Cobalt but Twilight looks to be Violet Cobalt
Checks- Cobalt Violet Opaline
Lemon & Lime - both too hard to see their colors to tell
Ocean - Sky blue Opaline
Sunflower- not sure can't make out the colors
Kiwi doesn't look recessive pied - she has way too many wing markings my guess would be dominant pied or clear flight pied

Dawn looks like either a yellow face type 2 Cobalt or a Golden Face cobalt - the yellow bleeds into the body changing the color - I have one (Named Bubblegum) is upper chest is Grass Green his lower body is dark blue with Violet tints going through it (he's blue series so he shouldn't have green - that's what the golden face(and the Type 2 yellow face) does to the blue)
Snowy - I'd agree with Dark Eye Clear
Thanks for trying also:) I should have also specified that kiwi has no irises either so she can't be dominant pied. As for lime, lemon and sunflower they pretty much have the same colour in person. If no one can tell from these pictures then maybe tomorrow ill try to get some new ones.:p Anyone else want to have a go at figuring their mutations :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.