Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting pretty good with cockatiels but I don't know what mutuations my budgies are. This is for my own curiousity sake. I believe my Bloo is a girl and my Blanc is a boy. But I could be wrong bc their cere colors aren't normal. Here they are!

Bloo is the one on the left. This was when I first got her.

Back when I first got Blanc.

This is a more recent one of Blanc. You can see his backside here.

This one is blurry. But Bloo is actually blue, green, and has yellow patches on her tummy.

·
Registered
392 Posts
They are all pied, but i cannot tell you which pieds they are. Maybe dominant?
bloo is white based, looks to be yellowface type 2, skyblue
Blanc looks to be pied as well, maybe muave? i can't really tell
both are beautiful :) I can let the experts take this one though! i'm new at budgie genetics and mutations, so forgive me if wrong. I just say what i see :)
Good luck!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are all pied, but i cannot tell you which pieds they are. Maybe dominant?
bloo is white based, looks to be yellowface type 2, skyblue
Blanc looks to be pied as well, maybe muave? i can't really tell
both are beautiful :) I can let the experts take this one though! i'm new at budgie genetics and mutations, so forgive me if wrong. I just say what i see :)
Good luck!
I know nothing. So you are step ahead of me. I'm getting pretty good with the cockatiel mutuations though. LOL.

Yeah. If you look in that first picture- Bloo used to be A LOT bluer than she is now. :S

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes! I know almost everything about mutations of cockatiels! if you know me as Wendybeobuddy, then you know i am OBSESSED with cockatiel mutations!
I am getting a budgie on sunday for my mother(mother's day!) and she looks almost exactly like Bloo did. Bloo is a YF2 For sure, as she is white based but she has yellow in her.
The only difference between Cherie and your Bloo is that Cherie is NOT pied! they look like when Bloo was younger and Cherie is only 6 weeks old TODAY.

Sorry i got a bit excited, but you understand my point :) i am hoping that cherie is a yellowface type 2 and not a type 1 like they have been telling me. Your Bloo looked like a type 1 in that first picture of when she was younger :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Bloo looks like a recessive pied, yellow face type two, sky blue. Blanc looks like a dominant pied, mauve or maybe a mix between the two pieds. Recessive pied don't have iris rings and dominant pieds do. Here is a website that will help explain most budgie mutations. http://www.***************/colorsguide.html

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think:

Bloo: Single Factor Dominant Pied Yellowface 2 Skyblue.

Blanc: Double Factor Dominant Pied Single Factor Grey.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Bloo- yellowface type 2 sky blue, he looks like he might be a clearflight pied the markings on his chest are pretty high can you post another picture of his front? Either that or he is a single factor dominant pied :)

Blanc- Mauve double factor dominant pied :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Bloo- yellowface type 2 sky blue, he looks like he might be a clearflight pied the markings on his chest are pretty high can you post another picture of his front? Either that or he is a single factor dominant pied :)

Blanc- Mauve double factor dominant pied :)
Isn't this Bloo?

I assumed it was since it's a recent picture and the first picture was an older picture of Bloo, so I assumed that the YF2 diffused and gave Bloo the green colour with the yellow SF Dominant Pied band.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Isn't this Bloo?

I assumed it was since it's a recent picture and the first picture was an older picture of Bloo, so I assumed that the YF2 diffused and gave Bloo the green colour with the yellow SF Dominant Pied band.
Yes I believe it is, but the markings are up high on hes chest rather than lower across his belly which can mean they are a clearflight pied rather than dominant. It is hard to see his whole chest in the pic thats why I asked if she had any others :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.