Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just redid my girls play gym ontop of their cage so I thought I would share it with you guys. the wire you see on the back is actually the grate from the bottom of their cage, I took it out and used it to create the play gym. The string I've used to tie the branches together is paper twine so it's safe for them to chew. It may look like there is a big tangle of string, but I was very cautious putting this together, there aren't any loops or long strands the budgies could get tangled in, and they are always supervised when out of their cage. I made their little ladder/swing myself from sticks and paper twine, as well as their chew toy on the right. That's just squares of balsa wood and some wooden beeds I got off one of their other toys. I'm not expecting this toy to last very long since they looovvveee to shred. I do plan to add more to their playground but this is just what I have to start with. Let me know what you think of my new set up. Hope it gives you guys some ideas for your birdie playgrounds :)

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,793 Posts
Creative! It's always fulfilling to make something and see them use and love it. :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nicely done, I'm sure they will enjoy it as long as it lasts haha :)
Always nice to be able to be creative for the little ones :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind comments :) I really like using the grate since it doubles as a climbing frame for them, and makes hanging toys really easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.