Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey somone told me about this site and its real cool but i dont understand on what the out comes going to be can you please write this in a simple way for me :) thank you oh and i put a normal skyblue **** and a normal voilet colbat hen in? heres is the out come.

Variety : Normal **** Normal Hen
Dominant traits : dominant sf dominant sf
Recessive traits : normal normal
Sex Linked traits : NL NL

Possible Dominant outcomes : dominant sf **** x dominant sf hen
dominant sf **** x dominant sf hen = 25% Dominant (df) 50% Dominant (sf) 25% Normals

Possible Recessive outcomes : normal **** x normal hen
normal **** x normal hen = NA

Possible Sex Linked outcomes : NL **** x NL hen
NL **** x NL hen = NA

Colour Outcomes
Colour : Skyblue **** Violet Cobalt Hen
Colour traits : lf df
100% Medium Factor

Heres the web site

http://www.budgerigardb.org/whatif.php

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Dont use mutation calculators. I have yet to find one that works perfectly, and more often then not they just end up confusing you.

There are a few handy human mutation calculators on this forum, myself included. You'll know who the others are because its 'the usual' bunch who reply to mutation questions :p

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
sf stands for single factor, df usually means double factor but in this case means dark factor (which is different). NL means not sex-linked.

The calculator is incorrect because it states that the outcome from normal skyblue **** and a normal violet colbat hen is 100% medium factor (cobalt). If the hen is single factor violet the correct outcome is 25% normal sky blue, 25% sky violet, 25% normal cobalt & 25% cobalt violet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.