Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi members,
Here's my drawings of spangle budgies.

Adult male single factor yellow-faced type 2nd cobalt normal spangle budgie.
Sorry about body colour too dark.

Adult male double factor yellow-faced type 2nd cobalt opaline spangle budgie.
I drawn from my budgie I bred in mid 1990s.

Cheers

Clinton.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Wonderful drawings! I thought DF YF birds had a white head like a normal. Is that only for type 1 YF? My sky hen is DF YF 2 and has a white head. Had I not known, I would've called your bird a goldenface. How do you tell the difference?

Wish I could draw like that! You've got a real talent.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my studying of budgies and from you and budgie breeders, the DF YF type 2nd had exact same body and wing, tail colours as SF YF type 1st, expert face colour is same as SF YF type 2nd.

Golden-faced budgies are proberly budgie breeders"s jokes as I had never seen budgies with orangish yellow faces all my life and most birds I had seen, had canary yellow faces, I was told that Goldenfaced got mixed with yellow-faced budgies.

I do not know how to tell the difference between Golden faced and yellow-faced.

DF YF type 1st cannot be told from blue budgies and I do not know how to tell DF YF type 1st from blue budgies.

See my drawing of budgies above.

Cheers

Wonderful drawings! I thought DF YF birds had a white head like a normal. Is that only for type 1 YF? My sky hen is DF YF 2 and has a white head. Had I not known, I would've called your bird a goldenface. How do you tell the difference?

Wish I could draw like that! You've got a real talent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.