Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just wanted to show everyone my first food preparation for the birds I used PLENTY of ingredients. It was my first try, and it went pretty well :p

With this recipe i had legumes, bulgur, few frozen berries, cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, carrots, baby spinach, and nuts (i used walnuts and hemp seeds.) I was told to add nuts because they help with eliminating the moisture. Also, after they were washed i should wait a couple of hours for the ingredients to dry. I put some extra water for my legumes and bulgur, so i actually had to squeeze dry them. I just placed them on paper towels and squeezed the excess water, which helped a whole lot. I also found out that my mixer would almost puree everything instead of chopping it. So with the spinach and lettuce i finely chopped it. It gave it a more fluffy feel to it, instead of a mashy look. :rolleyes:
i only have enough for 2 weeks. Hopefully if they like it, im planning to stick to this routine.:2thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well done, Fatma...it looks Yum for your birds...will try it for our two, thanks for sharing...have come across some birdie cakes I want to try for them, as well. :)

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,540 Posts
Mmm Mmm Mmm, now that is some serious budgie gourmet and I believe it'll be a big hit with the birdies. Thanks for sharing it and will definitely try it this weekend for mine.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.