Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm assuming the first and second photo is the same bird. The photos are fuzzy but it is a sky blue, yellow face type two, double factor dominant pied, either cinnamon or grey wing. The third photo is a sky blue, yellow face type two, grey wing. She may be opaline as well. It looks like both birds are female.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
yellowface type two opaline dominant pied (single factor) sky blue. Could be some sort of greywing in there as well since they look to be siblings. Second one looks to be a yellowface type two opaline (FBC?) greywing sky blue. Its hard to judge which dilute gene is mixed in as the photos arent very clear, flash is on and dilute varieties are hard to judge at the best of times lol.

Nev would probably have the best chance of getting the right call on these 2.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Those are my friends birds,they are not related,they are from different pet stores.The first 2 pics are the female,and the 3rd is a male,I know with the flash it's pretty hard to tell,and ya the pics are a lil blurry..I'm not sure as to what makes a rainbow variety,but I thought the female was,I could be wrong,this was just a very unique looking budgie,couldn't help but get it.And the male i think has some cinnamon in the wings, its another color I have never seen before either.I could be wrong on that one too.They are very young,but will be paired,and am looking forward to seeing those chicks!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It's hard to be sure from the pictures

The 1st one appears to be a type 2 yellow face opaline greywing dominant pied sky blue. The cheek patches are not the right shade for either a greywing or a clearwing but it might be just the picture

The 2nd bird looks like a type 2 yellow face opaline greywing sky blue. He could be cinnamon as well.

If these two are bred together most of their chicks should be similar to them

A classic rainbow is a blue series yellow face opaline clearwing so neither bird quite qualifies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.