Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my stunning Lacewing - who turn out to be a Cockbird!!

Some of you may remember me posting pictures of the chick, just before christmas...

He has had his first moult and his colourings are so much more intense...

He has a stunning cinnamon and violet rump, will violet/cinnamon tail feathers.. Deep more like chocolate brown wing markings... Violet cheek patches, brown throat spots...

Such a super handsome wee man!! My favourite chick ever!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Looks more like a cinnamon texas clear body to me! It could be a lacewing with lots of suffusion. What are the parents?

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has red eyes - as far as I was aware Texas Clearbodies don't...

Both parents are Lacewings - the mother has violet suffusion, but the this wee man is much deeper in colour...

I thought the Mother was a Fallow when I first got her - but she has had about 5 or 6 very well marked Lacewing Chicks (both hens and cocks), so I was told in another thread by Nev and yourself, that she must be a Lacewing, rather than a Fallow...

But looking at the genetics wedsites, he does look like a Fallow...

Now I'm very very confused!! lol

I don't really care what mutation he is, cause he is stunning and healthy... So delighted that he turned out to be a **** bird too... Even better!!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He's a real beauty, the suffusion makes him look even better. He's darkened up a lot since you sent me his picture a few months ago. I'm really happy that I have 2 of his brothers & his beautiful sister. I hope my next generation of lacewings will be as good as him

·
Registered
257 Posts
OMG he is SOOOOO gorgeous!!! Super jealous I want a cinnamon so badly

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's a real beauty, the suffusion makes him look even better. He's darkened up a lot since you sent me his picture a few months ago. I'm really happy that I have 2 of his brothers & his beautiful sister. I hope my next generation of lacewings will be as good as him
His sister looked the same as he did when he was a chick - so it's very likely that your hen will be just like him... As for the boys - their colour keeps developing, so I'm sure they breed some stunners...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.