Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, I have been raising this chick since before it turned 4 weeks old, as I found it injured by its parents.
And now at almost 6 weeks old (this Sunday) I Just wanted to show you how much this little one means to me, and by the looks of it it's mutual!
My baby's first big flight around the room was a success and he/she landed on me. Now every time it flies I know he/she will come back to me and land on my shoulder. :D

Here is my bubba:

This is its favourite spot of all

How cute is my bubba!

Getting sleepy...

Suffice to say, this baby will be with me forever! :)

Reactions: Budgiekeet

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
What a beautiful little baby! And so very sweet.
There is no doubt he loves his mummy. I don't
think there is any bond stronger than with those
we personally raise that way. You've got a special
friend for life :)

Reactions: aluz

·
21,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, everyone! This being my first handfed chick, I never thought the bond would get so strong. It has been a truly amazing experience, I see the love in its eyes when it looks at me and it's so precious! :)

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Thanks, everyone! This being my first handfed chick, I never thought the bond would get so strong. It has been a truly amazing experience, I see the love in its eyes when it looks at me and it's so precious! :)
You can see it in both your eyes :) Nice job mom!

·
Member of the Month March 2013
2,266 Posts
What a little beauty :)

Reactions: aluz

·
Administrator
57,031 Posts
He is so precious! I just love him all snuggled up to your cheek with his eyes closed. He obviously loves you very much. Adorable!

·
21,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you! He/she really is very special and loves to sleep snuggled under my chin.
Oh, and Leonel has been a a great buddy too, he even feeds the chick some seeds occasionally and is always ready offer a little preen as well! :D

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
That is just Precious. I had a peach face that colour he was beautiful to just like your peach face is. Great Photo's

·
21,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
21,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is just Precious. I had a peach face that colour he was beautiful to just like your peach face is. Great Photo's
Thanks Lyn, I'm glad you liked the photos.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I can't believe how beautiful he/she is. You did such a great job with this lovebird and what you have is priceless. May you have a long and happy friendship together! He/she certainly loves you :)

·
Member of the Month December 2013
1,711 Posts
He is so cute. I love the last picture the best with him sleeping beside you. What an incredible bond you two have! You are both very lucky to have each other! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.