Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my lovely new bella. I am confident she is in fact a she, but her color is a little difficult for me. I believe she is a yellowface2 and a grey wing, but beyond that I'm not quite sure what else she is hehe. I'm learning though! lol Anyhow if anyone could lend me some help on her coloring that'd be great. And for future purposes, if someone could tell me what a male would need to look like in order for them to get some babies that would look similar to her, that'd be awesome! Hehe, that way I know what to keep my eyes open for :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
I love the pastle colours! She is stunning!
Sorry i don't have an idea about the mutation either, an expert will come along and help you :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe, thanks guys :) I hadn't really planned on getting another budgie so soon, but when I saw her, I knew I had to take her home with me :D And I'm glad I did, she's got the greatest personality!

PS: HELP! with her color mutations lol

·
Registered
802 Posts
She is a RAINBOW! Congrats! (and yes that is a mutation)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The rainbow mutations is combination of a few color mutations. To be a true rainbow a bird must be a Clearwings, Opaline, Yellowfaces, Blues series bird. I think you bird is a true rainbow from the photos. I actually have two rainbows La fiesta and Diego. Both have additional mutations but are still considered rainbows. Aren't they cute.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D:party3::party2::clown::bowrofl::roflwerd::love::love: WOW! Ok so now I'm gonna sound really silly lol because what I've BEEN wanting is a rainbow budgie!! Lol I guess I didn't recognize her for what she was because all the rainbows I've seen are really brightly colored and she's so softly colored. So YAY ME :D

So now that I feel really really silly, and very happy, which kinda helps kill the *smack head* instinct, I still am curious about the second half of my question hehe. I probably won't find another rainbow budgie around here in a million years, so what color of male could I breed her to and still get at least some of the babies to look like her?

*gasp* still can't get over the fact that I've had a rainbow budgie for over a week and was too silly to see it!

Anyhow, any suggestions would be wonderful :)

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. I am so jealous.

·
Registered
173 Posts
personally I dont think shes a rainbow.. My female looks exactly like her or maybe Im wrong
if you could take a lit picture of her that would be great.

( My female is a cinnamon opaline dilute yellow face t2 sky blue spangle )
her mutation is exausting!!!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
So here is my lovely new bella. I am confident she is in fact a she, but her color is a little difficult for me. I believe she is a yellowface2 and a grey wing, but beyond that I'm not quite sure what else she is hehe. I'm learning though! lol Anyhow if anyone could lend me some help on her coloring that'd be great. And for future purposes, if someone could tell me what a male would need to look like in order for them to get some babies that would look similar to her, that'd be awesome! Hehe, that way I know what to keep my eyes open for :)
She is a type 2 yellow face opaline greywing. The greywing gene causes the dilution of the body colour. To get chicks that look like her you would need a male that has genes for opaline & greywing

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
personally I dont think shes a rainbow.. My female looks exactly like her or maybe Im wrong
if you could take a lit picture of her that would be great.
I was trying to get a good pic that would show her natural color. I opened the curtains as much as I could for natural light. When I was using the flash, it wasn't showing her true color at all. She has such subtle changes in her color the camera doesn't seem to pick up on.

Btw ty Nev for the reply. Kinda bummed she's not a rainbow lol but it doesn't make her any less beautiful or sweet :D And I appreciate the info about the male. Will it matter what color base he is, green or blue, or will he need to be a yellow face also, or are the only features that make a difference be the ones you listed? Just double checking, trying to fix details in my head, hoping it will help me to continue to get a better grasp on the genetics hehe :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I appreciate the info about the male. Will it matter what color base he is, green or blue, or will he need to be a yellow face also, or are the only features that make a difference be the ones you listed? Just double checking, trying to fix details in my head, hoping it will help me to continue to get a better grasp on the genetics hehe :)
He should be blue based. You will get about 50% yellow face even if the male is white faced

·
Registered
179 Posts
cute girl! I hope that she does settle in well. I am not sure on how to tell the mutations either! Mabey Another member might be able to help you out!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was trying to get a good pic that would show her natural color. I opened the curtains as much as I could for natural light. When I was using the flash, it wasn't showing her true color at all. She has such subtle changes in her color the camera doesn't seem to pick up on.

Btw ty Nev for the reply. Kinda bummed she's not a rainbow lol but it doesn't make her any less beautiful or sweet :D And I appreciate the info about the male. Will it matter what color base he is, green or blue, or will he need to be a yellow face also, or are the only features that make a difference be the ones you listed? Just double checking, trying to fix details in my head, hoping it will help me to continue to get a better grasp on the genetics hehe :)
Hi
I have got one quite similar here is a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Amy, Lady Bella is gorgeous. When/if she has babies they're going to be little knock-outs. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks :D So far she seems like she has a very even temperment, she's intelligent, and easy to work with and I think those are genes I would love to pass on to some baby budgies :) I don't think she's quite old enough yet, and I still have some match making to do for her (after all, finding a good man is not always the easiest task :p ), but I think the sound of pitter pattering little feet are in her future :) Plus I still have to teach her to eat her veggies hehe :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.