Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI. Everyone.... I have done a video for you all to see. My mum is feeding the Wild drongoe's just outside our back door. They come every year from up North QLD and they come down the QLD Coast to breed. When the winter has gone they go back up to North QLD again. All birds are clever these birds are the same ones that come every year. They take the food out of my mothers hand and they also take the food out of my hand as well. Ill have to get a video of me feeding them to. I thought id share this with you all on the form as you don't get these birds overseas. Please enjoy my video. I should of said wild spangled drongoes.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Lovely video, Lyn. Thanks for sharing! :)

·
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice birds Lyn;looks like you have quite a few at your place.only a few around here this year'don't know why.
Faye. We didn't have many to start with either. We thought they might of got whiped out from the cyclone in January. But there are quite a few now. Thank you for watching.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
my

Hi, They look like what we call grackles, black birds, or crows. They fly in flocks land in a corn field and chow down. It can be so loud it sounds like a machine at times. We see them in great flocks during fall seeking food from cleared farm fields. Interesting to see your wild birds. Apollo is sitting on my shoulder singing to them. Does Indi respond to seeing them outside?

Blessings,

Jo Ann :budgie:

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Very neat....thanks for sharing !!

·
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for watching my video of the wild from goes. Oh by the way they are not a crow.or gracles. I don't no that bird.

·
4,409 Posts
My

Hi, I was wondering if the bird called drongoes in Australia is what we call crow or grackle in US like, We call Budgeregars parakeets. If you know the botanical name I will look it up in Audubon guide for US birds. Some crows in US can be taught to talk.Ravens are like huge crows and can also talk.It must be amazing to have so many birds come to your back yard that we call exotic in US.

Blessings,

Jo Ann:budgie:

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
They are very sociable birds aren't they. Amazing how that one sat right on her finger.
Cool video.

·
4,409 Posts
My

Thanks, Kat. Interesting bird. It is amazing how many rare species are in Australia. It has been a dream to visit Australia and New Zealand above any where else in the world because of the beauty and rare creatures and indigenous people. Oh well, next lifetime!!! To have them visit your back yard is outstanding.

Blessings,

Jo Ann:budge:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.