Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI. Everyone!! My mother wanted to share with you all our wild drongro's and other birds that we feed in our back yard we didn't get the Willie Wag Tail next time for him.. These birds are called Drongro's they come down from up North QLD to breed here in the Winter time every year.. The same birds come every year and they get to know you.. We are pretty lucky to have such wonderful Birds in Australia.. My mother says that she hopes you all like this video of our wild drongro's and birds being fed.. Oh and the currawong is there to..

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,333 Posts
My

Hi Lyn, Enjoyed the video. All the house birds here started calling to your flock and made quite a clatter. Thanks , Jo Ann

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Great video, Lyn! It was really nice to see your mother feeding the wild birds and they even take the food literally out of her hands.
I also liked their singing/chirping, never heard that type of melodious singing before! :)

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Lyn, Enjoyed the video. All the house birds here started calling to your flock and made quite a clatter. Thanks , Jo Ann
Glad you liked the video JoAnn.. Indi loves them making the noise to but Indi is no where near these birds he is in the lounge room..

Great video, Lyn! It was really nice to see your mother feeding the wild birds and they even take the food literally out of her hands.
I also liked their singing/chirping, never heard that type of melodious singing before! :)
Thank you...you haven't heard these birds as they come from the top of QLD they come down every year they only come to QLD to cold for them down South Victoria..

I want to live in Australia eventually, wow. :O
To see these birds you will have to live in QLD Australia to see them.. Glad you liked the video of them...

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Awesome Lyn...:)

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These birds are called Spangled Drongro's there real name is Dicrurus Bracteatus. They are an Australian Bird that comes from the top of North QLD. They come down to the warmer parts of QLD to Breed...Oh and the Currowong is an Australian bird plus the Pee Wee funny names for our wild bird..

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also live in Australia but not in Queensland so I get to experience other magnificent birds
I come from Bundaberg and we get the most exoitic birds here.. where i live it is a really nice place.. I am living near the Great Barrier Reef this is about 2 hours from where i live.Maybe one day you can come to QLD to see these birds....

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think I'd just cry from joy if I saw that many friendly birds in my backyard.
The only things in my backyard are rabbits and chipmunks. Which are cute, but they run if they see you, haha.

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I'd just cry from joy if I saw that many friendly birds in my backyard.
The only things in my backyard are rabbits and chipmunks. Which are cute, but they run if they see you, haha.
Maybe you can come over here for a holiday to see of our wild birds. Glad that you liked my video..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.