Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Dwayne! For reasons unknown to even myself, I really like being called Emerald. I'm a 20 year old couch potato who lives in Ontario, Canada

On Sunday September 21st 2014, I bought 2 parakeets/budgies from the pet store that I work at. One is Green-Yellow, and the other is Blue-Black. I'll try to include some pictures,but a couple are outdated; the first 3 pictures were taken last Friday, but the last two were taken on the day I got them.

2014-10-23 23.03.22.jpg

2014-10-23 23.03.39.jpg

2014-10-23 23.03.29.jpg

2014-09-21 23.53.33.jpg

2014-09-21 23.54.46.jpg

The Yellow one's name is Ravii (Pronounced like ravioli, but without the oli) [Age and gender still currently unknown]

Ravii is a very rewarding sweetheart. We have the same taste in music, and it enjoys chilling at the top of it's cage, and it's flying is hypnotizing to watch. With Ravii, I've made surprising taming progress in terms of handling and holding, even though I still have a long way to go

The Blue one's name is Cii (Pronounced like the letter C) [Age and gender still currently unknown]

Cii is a spectacularly adorable creature. Taming is hard though, because it's very skittish, and won't even let me get close to him/her. It's not the best flyer, but it moves fast, an impressive climber, and loves playing with the toys.

I'm very glad I got them together, because they are pretty much inseparable! Cii always seems to be very hooked on Ravii:
-Cii will rarely eat, drink, chirp, leave the cage, etc unless Ravii does first
-Cii is regularly preening and kissing Ravii, and Ravii doesn't mind. In fact, sometimes he does it back!
-Whenever Ravii leaves the cage, they will chirp and scream at each other loudly until one rejoins the other

That should be it for the introductions! If there's anything I left out, or if there's any questions or even advice, let me know without hesitation!

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
Hi Emerald,
Welcome to TB :wave:

Your budgies are gorgeous. Hard to tell their age and gender from the pics you have supplied. For gender we need a face on pic in natural light with no flash. For age a side view where we can see the iris ring of their eyes will assist us. You can post these pics in the relevant sections to ensure that those who like to help with these types of questions get to see them.

Good luck with your little ones and hopefully we shall see more of you and them around the forum.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You will find all you need to know on budgie care here.
Those pics really aren't the best to tell gender, we'd need a close up pic, a front shot of the whole beak/cere area taken in natural light.
From those photos I can see both your budgies are very young and haven't gone through their first moult yet, so they are anywhere between 2 and a half to 3 months old.

Reactions: EmeraldSloth

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Hi Emerald, and :welcome: Welcome to Talk Budgies!

Your little ones are quite pretty! :)

To familiarize yourself with the forums, please take the time to read through all of the How To Guides, the FAQs and the stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
You'll find most of your basic questions are answered after you've read through all of them.

Site Guidelines: TalkBudgies.com Rules and Guidelines

How To Guides: How-To Guides - Talk Budgies Forums

Frequently Asked Questions: Talk Budgies Forums - FAQ

List of Stickies: List of Stickies - Talk Budgies Forums

How to Post Pictures: How to Post Pictures from PhotoBucket - Talk Budgies Forums

Examples of Pictures to Post: Examples Of Pictures To Post And Not Post - Talk Budgies Forums

Lighting and Angle does Matter: http://talkbudgies.com/sexing-budgies/177394-mutation-lighting-angle-does-matter.html

Budgie Articles Forum: Budgie Articles Forum - Talk Budgies Forums

Helpful Resources: Helpful Links - Talk Budgies Forums

If you have any questions after reading through everything, please be sure to ask!

Glad you decided to join us and looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

:wave:

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Would these pictures help? I took them a few hours ago
Yes, they do! Both your budgies are very young and haven't gone through their first baby moult that usually happens after reaching 3 - 4 months old. I'd say they are about 3 months old.
Your green budgie is a boy and your blue budgie also appears to be a boy. A better photo showing the whole cere area would help confirm your blue budgie's gender.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took this today! (November 11th, 2014) for a snapchat. But I thought it'd be nice to share here

Just like EVERY user on this site, I can go on for hours talking about my two babies! So just leave any question you'd like to know about them and I'll answer as best I can

Attachments

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Welcome to talk budgies...good looking budgies...:cool:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Welcome Emerald to TB! This is the very best place (short of a proper avian vet) to get advice and tips to make your budgies the happiest they can be! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.