Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Administrator
Maya is a very lovely! Thank you for sharing the picture with us.
How many budgies in total do you have?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you and Maya thanks you. she is the first of a clutch from a yellow lacewing male called Harry and his other half,a Lutino hen called Wind.i,d like to know if anyone thinks she is a Creamino?( I have 4 beautiful pairs,all handtame and all loved very much.

Super Moderator
Maya is adorable, and she does appear to be a creamino! Are you sure she鈥檚 a girl? The cere looks very pink in that photo! More pics would be great to confirm 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Purely conjecture on my part and I don鈥檛 know if you know what I mean,but I just get a feeling fro behaviour,attitude,calling etc and the way she is acting around Sonny,her playmate,(7weeks).May is only 5 weeks herself so Cere is unreliable at this stage.Time will tell if I,m right or wrong,probably got it wrong,lol.
Bird Vertebrate Beak Pet supply Parrot
Bird Cockatiel Parrot Pet supply Beak
Bird Parrot Cockatoo Feather Pet supply
Bird Parrot Beak Finger Feather
Bird Vertebrate Beak Pet supply Parrot

Administrator
Ahhh, from the additional pictures you've posted, it is obvious you have a very handsome little male!

A cere that is as dark a pink/purple as his leaves no question with regard to gender.
Behavior of budgies is not a reliable indicator of gender. Each and every budgie is unique.
Males will bond just as closely with another male as they will to a female and vice versa.

Thank you for posting the additional pictures. Lovely budgies!!

Best wishes

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh!,Just for confirmation, you think I have two boys here?! I was pretty sure Sonny was a boy,but really wasn鈥檛 sure about Maya(possibly Ronny馃槵).I,ve never been able to tell at such an early stage,but can you explain how you?

Registered
Oh!,Just for confirmation, you think I have two boys here?! I was pretty sure Sonny was a boy,but really wasn鈥檛 sure about Maya(possibly Ronny).I,ve never been able to tell at such an early stage,but can you explain how you?
Yes, both are boys. When young, males have pinky coloured ceres whereas hens usually have white rings around their nares and their Ceres are a powdery blue colour. While most males ceres turn blue as they mature, a pied budgie, like you have, will always keep his pink cere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QThank you for the reply,I,m glad I found this forum as I,e always been extremely sceptical of sexing babies at such an early age
Both are males without a doubt as I indicated earlier.
A cere that is as dark a pink/purple as his leaves no question with regard to gender.
Behavior of budgies is not a reliable indicator of gender. Each and every budgie is unique.

Exceptions to the Rule in Sexing Budgies

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The fact that you are so sure is refreshing,considering the amount of presumed knowledge I,ve come across,I have checked on the other babies and it would certainly seem to ring true.i really wasn鈥檛 aware you could sex them at such an early stage. great!

Super Moderator
FaeryBee is absolutely correct and there鈥檚 no doubt he is a boy ;) I hope to see more of both your little ones soon!

Super Moderator
He鈥檚 stunning! He鈥檚 a Texas clearbody; I鈥檇 say grey yellowface II Texas clear body. What a gorgeous guy. Since Ino (lutino/creamino/albino) is a sex linked mutation, he is also split to ino, given that he had a son (your budgie) who was also visually ino.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts