Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is! I've narrowed down the names, but I'll make a separate post in the appropriate forum for that. ;)

I really want to learn how to differentiate the mutations, so I have been studying up on them to try to determine her mutation myself. I would love to have it critiqued and replaced with a correct answer. :D I hope eventually I will be able to identify mutations myself.

ANYWAY, here are the pictures!

(This last photo is taken with a flash just to see how it changed the colors.)

And here is her cage setup. Kind of boring, but it was a quick set up just to get her out of that box and into a temporary home. :)

After all that, I am ready to take a whack at that mutation! haha Don't laugh when someone comes along and tells me I am disgustingly far off. :eek: :p

Sky Blue Dominant Pied Cinnamon Spangle

HOWEVER
She has a yellow face and light pale yellow throughout the wings, which makes me question whether she may be a yellow face type II?

Also, her sky blue is VERY pale...dilute? Just something small I picked up on and had to include in my guesswork. :S :eek:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Yellow Face Type 1 sky blue cinnamon Spangle Dominant Pied

the cinnamon lightens the body color :) so that is why her sky blue isn't as dark as Normal or non cinnamon Sky Blues

she's very pretty!

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
After all that, I am ready to take a whack at that mutation! haha Don't laugh when someone comes along and tells me I am disgustingly far off. :eek: :p

Sky Blue Dominant Pied Cinnamon Spangle

HOWEVER
She has a yellow face and light pale yellow throughout the wings, which makes me question whether she may be a yellow face type II?

Also, her sky blue is VERY pale...dilute? Just something small I picked up on and had to include in my guesswork. :S :eek:
Yellow Face Type 1 sky blue cinnamon Spangle Dominant Pied

the cinnamon lightens the body color :) so that is why her sky blue isn't as dark as Normal or non cinnamon Sky Blues

she's very pretty!
I agree with both of you: YF cinnamon spangle dominant pied sky blue. If after first molt, her YF spreads to her blue body color, turning it green, then she's YFII. If not, she's YFI.

She's lovely and unique! :)

I love seeing her in that huge cage. :thumbsup:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I agree with both of you: YF cinnamon spangle dominant pied sky blue. If after first molt, her YF spreads to her blue body color, turning it green, then she's YFII. If not, she's YFI.

She's lovely and unique! :)

I love seeing her in that huge cage. :thumbsup:
I always thought that was how you tell a Type 1 from a Type 2 yellow face- But I don't think it is.. My budgie Kaylee is a type 1 Her mom was a Type 1 yellow face her dad was not a yellow face. But she's pied and has A lot of white clear areas which are now all a creamy yellow(which is normal for a Type 1 yellow face) the little bit of blue she does have on her is Sea Green because the yellow has bled into it but her face has always stayed very light yellow. But She is a Type 1 Yellow face.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
She's absolutely gorgeous!

·
5,435 Posts
I always thought that was how you tell a Type 1 from a Type 2 yellow face- But I don't think it is.. My budgie Kaylee is a type 1 Her mom was a Type 1 yellow face her dad was not a yellow face. But she's pied and has A lot of white clear areas which are now all a creamy yellow(which is normal for a Type 1 yellow face) the little bit of blue she does have on her is Sea Green because the yellow has bled into it but her face has always stayed very light yellow. But She is a Type 1 Yellow face.
I think the show standard for YFI confines yellow to mask and tail coverts; yellow suffusion is a flaw.

All my yellow face I babies have yellow suffusion, but the suffusion only turns a small portion of their blue to green. I know they are YFI, not YFII, because their dad is DF YFI (white faced blue).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help everyone! :2thumbs:!

Susan, the pictures helped me understand a whole lot better. In fact, I can see what you're saying about the yellow diffusing through the body and not so much affecting the other colors like a YFII. I think now that that is what my little girl is because her blue and white on the stomach isn't affected but her face and some of the white on her wings is (much like your birds in the third picture).

:) I'm so glad I have y'all!

·
5,435 Posts
Thanks for the help everyone! :2thumbs:!

Susan, the pictures helped me understand a whole lot better. In fact, I can see what you're saying about the yellow diffusing through the body and not so much affecting the other colors like a YFII. I think now that that is what my little girl is because her blue and white on the stomach isn't affected but her face and some of the white on her wings is (much like your birds in the third picture).

:) I'm so glad I have y'all!
You're very welcome. :)

Your hen's yellow coloring will become darker after first molt. This is when the yellow might suffuse even further, possibly turning blue coloring to green. After her first molt, post some more pics and we will ascertain whether she's YFI or YFII. :)

Some mutations experts, like Nev, can ascertain YF type this early. But not me. :p

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
You're very welcome. :)

Your hen's yellow coloring will become darker after first molt. This is when the yellow might suffuse even further, possibly turning blue coloring to green. After her first molt, post some more pics and we will ascertain whether she's YFI or YFII. :)

Some mutations experts, like Nev, can ascertain YF type this early. But not me. :p
me either :giggle: - I have a habit of calling my Type 1 yellow faces Type 2 Because the yellow is all over them instead of just the face, Whites on wings(if they're pied) and the little tail feathers When i know they're not a type 2 :laughing: but my brain sees a blue series bird with a yellow face and yellow all over the body it automatically says Type 2 even when I know very well its a type 1 lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.