Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been looking for a handtame English Budgie for months now and have not found any yet. I really wanted a handtame although Amigo is becoming more tame by the day to my delight. Anyway, I was at the petstore the other day and saw this parakeet in a small cage away from the other parakeets. I asked the clerks and they said a woman bought a pair in that she bred and they were hand raised. One was sold and this little girl? was all by herself. I just couldn't resist. I love her coloring and was wondering if anybody can tell me what she is. From what I'm reading it looks like she's some sought of Dilute??? When she's outside she looks much lighter and almost has a grey cast to her, very pale. I named her Bella ;) Her feet look like they have a blueish cast to them, although it didn't show up in the pics. She's still nervous and unsure so I'm leaving her be and letting her get used to her new home. She's not banded or anything, so really only going by what the petstore said. I think she's pretty young though?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! She's still scared and unsure :( Hopefully, she'll come around if she was hand raised. I just couldn't leave without her and I have plenty of room :)

·
Administrator
55,527 Posts
Oh my!! Bella is indeed a beautiful girl. You chose a perfect name for her. I love the pictures you posted. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!! I always liked that name. She certainly is pretty, she looks violet colored, I almost called her Violetta ;) but decided on Bella.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all :) I took her outdoors to try and get a more accurate pic of her coloring. I don't think she's a spangle. Amigo is a spangle and doesn't look the same. I'm guessing either grey wing or dilute, but would love to hear from the experts ;)!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!! Her color was a bonus but I couldn't leave without her because I was told she was handraised/tame?? Just by my observations the last few days, I wouldn't say handfed, probably handtame. She's still very skittish, although not too bad.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aww thanks :) I brought her back in because it's very warm today. I usually put Amigo out about 4pm when it starts to cool down lately. I know he loves it. He get's very playful, lol! I'll put them both out in a little bit.

I'm so curious to know what type of mutation she is. I hope someone can tell me;)

Rena

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, almost 100 views and no one can tell me what mutation my new hen is or even a guess?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Nev!!!

I was thinking Dilute Cobalt. Interesting. Will have to read up on the greywings.

You were right Jill!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.