Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Albino male X Opaline Greywing Violet Female:

Assuming they're not split for anything else,

All Female Chicks will be Albino.
The males will all be Blue, with Violet Factor. Will be split to Ino (carry the gene)
All chicks will be split to Greywing (carry the gene)

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken...I don't know for sure if the female is Full Bodied Greywing or just Greywing.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I think the hen's cheek patches are too bright for her to be a greywing. She looks like an opaline clearwing to me. Maybe a FBC greywing, but I'm leaning more toward clearwing. She is not spangle. The female offspring will be albinos. The males will all be split to opaline. Who knows about the rest because we don't know what genes the albino is masking in the male.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think the hen's cheek patches are too bright for her to be a greywing. She looks like an opaline clearwing to me. Maybe a FBC greywing, but I'm leaning more toward clearwing. She is not spangle. The female offspring will be albinos. The males will all be split to opaline. Who knows about the rest because we don't know what genes the albino is masking in the male.
It's the cheek patches that confuse me. My Full Bodied Greywing has slightly darker colour cheek patches.
Doesn't the body colour appear diluted? Or is that normal intensity?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I dont think she is a clearwing, and she looks too bright for a normal greywing. To me she looks like a violet opaline fullbody greywing :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have attached some more pic of female.

Kindly also let me know what type of female is it (spangle etc).

Also tell me possible outcomes.
Ok thanks for the new pictures. The body colour intensity is normal, and she has grey wing stripes.

She's an Opaline Full Bodied Greywing Violet, or in other words an Opaline Greywing-Clearwing Violet.

Breeding Expectations, provided the birds are not carrying anything else:

All Female Babies will be Albino, like the father.
All Male Babies will be Normal Blues and will show a Violet hue to their colour, mainly at the neck. They will carry the ino gene.
50% of the babies will carry Greywing gene and 50% will carry Clearwing gene, but these mutations will not be shown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.