Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 5mos of looking, I finally found my English hen. Although she's not the color I would have preferred, I think she's beautiful anyway. I didn't realize how hard they are to find. I got her today from a bird store but th eowner breeds thell em himself. She's 6mos old. I know she's opaline,but hrmarkings on her wings look brown, does she look like a cinmon?,or does the markings look light because she's opaline. Anyway, no name yet, but this will be my Amigo's future girlfriend, I just hope they like each other. I think she's a really handsome budgie if I do say so ;) her throatmarkings are stunning.

I'm so excited to finally have an English Budgie hen. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you know that English budgies have a shorter life than American parakeets.:budgie:

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Did you know that English budgies have a shorter life than American parakeets.:budgie:
That isn't true..... The lifespan of a budgies depends on how well you look after it, if you give it preventative medicine, the amount of exercise it gets, the type of food and vitamins it gets etc.

She looks like a dominant pied cinnamon opaline to me. She's beautiful!
I agree!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts

not true at all, Any bird (or animal)who is bred is going to live a shorter life than one who's never bred, Also one who is fed better will live longer than one who is not fed so well!. it's All about how they're Cared for and raised not what they are. Any way a budgie is a budgie they have the same life span!

After 5mos of looking, I finally found my English hen. Although she's not the color I would have preferred, I think she's beautiful anyway. I didn't realize how hard they are to find. I got her today from a bird store but th eowner breeds thell em himself. She's 6mos old. I know she's opaline,but hrmarkings on her wings look brown, does she look like a cinmon?,or does the markings look light because she's opaline. Anyway, no name yet, but this will be my Amigo's future girlfriend, I just hope they like each other. I think she's a really handsome budgie if I do say so ;) her throatmarkings are stunning.

I'm so excited to finally have an English Budgie hen. :D

Light Green Cinnamon Opaline Dominant Pied.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW! Thank you all for confirming she is cinnamon. I had a feeling. I am just so happy to finally find one after such a long search and especially since my hubby bought her as one of my christmas presents :) I hope my Amigo likes her as much as I do. Amigo is a grey/green spangle pied. I wonder what kind of babies they could have. She is a big girl, I think she's even bigger then him.

Thanks again all!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!!! I was looking at all your new additions too, just Gorgeous!!!

BTW, I bought her from a bird store called Parrots of the World, owned by Marc Marrone. He is the one that bred her. He has a pet keeping show on Martha Stewart channel if anyone has ever seen it.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
My New English---?

Hi There are a number of English Breeders in the North East, Maryland, Rhode Island---Check BAA and ABS web pages for breeder listings or inquire for a referral form the web page. The opaline makes good spots. Very clean head and stance which are important if you show the offspring. Enjoy!! Lindsey is not that far from you for future purchases. Check out her web page.

Blessings,

Jo Ann:budgie:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.