Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You can see the parents in the last picture. I think the Mom is the white one on the bottom left.
"The father is light blue, split to opaline, the mother is albino and grey (not visually grey because albino trumps it)"
They are gray and not mauve, right? They sure look gray to me but I am a novice!!!!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!

I scoured and scoured the internet for pictures of gray's and thought they were but came across one that someone said was a mauve that looked like these so I panicked.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Thanks everyone!

I scoured and scoured the internet for pictures of gray's and thought they were but came across one that someone said was a mauve that looked like these so I panicked.
No worries, they can easy to confuse when you are learning about different mutations :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The chicks a definitely grey. The cheek patches on a mauve would be violet. Grey budgies can have either blue or grey cheek patches. Also you can't get mauve chicks from a sky blue parent because of the way the dark factor works

·
Registered
201 Posts
Who cares, they look awesome :D Only a few months until i can get budgies again..cant wait :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.