Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
I agree with Lindsey :)
May I ask why you have a nestbox attached to the cage? Your budgies are far too young to be breeding :p Budgies must be at least 12 months to breed and yours are no older than 3 months (they still have their baby bars).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!!! Zeena, I had the nestbox attatched because I had the female alone and I wanted her to ge tused to it, and I got her for Christmas, so she is deffinatly atleast 10 months old, she has never moulted. I do not know the age of the male. Thanks Jennifer and Jess! Lucy, I decided to name him Julio. Julio & Bella, seems good! Lol

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Thanks guys!!! Zeena, I had the nestbox attatched because I had the female alone and I wanted her to ge tused to it, and I got her for Christmas, so she is deffinatly atleast 10 months old, she has never moulted. I do not know the age of the male. Thanks Jennifer and Jess! Lucy, I decided to name him Julio. Julio & Bella, seems good! Lol
There is no need to get her used to it. All you will end up with is her wasting her energy to lay eggs that are not fertile. She is too young still :p It is like asking a 12 year old girl to give birth- she may be biologically ready, but is at greater risk for complications! Your hen will be at greater risk for egg binding, egg eating, uterus prolapse and more.

The **** is no older than 3 months as he still has his baby bars. Remove it and when the **** is of age to breed, put it back in. You'll have more success that way and less problems :)

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Alright I will remove it! And how old should the female be??
Both should be 12 months of age at least :)

I'm glad to hear you'll be removing it! You're making the correct and only choice :thumbsup:

In the meantime, while you're waiting for your budgies to reach breeding age, check out our breeding forum and please don't hesitate to ask as many questions as possible :) We're all here to help each other and to ensure that breeding will be a rewarding experience for you when the time comes ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.