Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..hey guys.. wel im sort of back.. we got a holdiay at college...so i have time for TB today :D
anyway... while i have the time..

some of you know Garry my first accidental budgie.. :).. hes in my avatar... and as you can see hes one white little guy.. he didnt have a hint of colour on him when i first saw him.. and hasnt had any colour on him for the last what.. 2 and a half months hes been with me...

however.. he has been molting over the last 2 weeks or so..hes all but done now..the pin feathers have almost dissaprd... (im glad to..my mom was so annoyed wth all the feathers flying around lol)... and today while misting the boys.. i noticed very faint light blue paint brush like strokes on the tips of Garrys wings and a little bit scattered over his tummy and under his wings.. its almost impossible to see.. but in the sun it shines through.. and im 110% sure that was never there before!

he has always been purely white... so i investigated.. perhaps there was something in his cage that rubbed some blue on him... nothing... then maybe i was seeing things lol.. but my mother confirmed what i was seeing..

i wanted to take a picture... but that would take a lot of work..

so whats happening.. why is my white snowball turning blue lol... and since it just happend.. could this indicate that he is a young budgie and that this is perhaps his first molt.. thats why the blue brush strokes only came in now??..

ill try and take a picture but no garantees... Garry isnt the most friendly guy right now with those last few pin feathers :p...

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The colour tint you are seeing is called suffusion it is quite common in double factor spangles

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suffusion ok.... so im not imagining things.. well does it indicate that he might indeed be a young bird?.... or can this tint come in at any age?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.