Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am getting and taming one this time! Cherie was never tamed as it has been busy and hectic, but now that summer has come around, we are all good! TONS more time!!
Cherie i was told is a YF T1 skyblue, she is in both pictures with the father and the mother.
So with the following pictures, what mutations can i get besides YF T1 like Cherie? Cherie is the daughter
Momma(yf T1 greywing) and Cherie(Yf T1 skyblue, daughter)

Better picture of momma!

Dad i belive is a Normal blue male, maybe violet

Better picture of pappa!

Cherie, what mutation is she for sure?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Charlie looks like a YF1 normal blue. :) Quite the pretty budgie! It's likely that the babies from this pair will be normal blues and yf blues unless the male is also split for greywing, then you could get some greywings. Then again, he could be split for other things (like ino or opaline), so there could be suprises.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha her name is Cherie(like cherry) she has white around her nares so i know she is a little girl :p

So you think i may get all Yf T1 blues? unless dad has hidden splits?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Momma looks like a opaline graywing yellowfaceII sky blue.
Pappa looks like a single factor violet sky blue.
Cherie looks like a normal yellowfaceII sky blue.

You want to know what other color of babies you can expect from Momma and Pappa?

100% normal black barred wings, males will be split for opaline
50-100% yellowfaceII (depending if Momma is single or double factor YF)
50% single factor violet sky blue and 50% sky blue

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a quick question, does the color of the eye(dark or light) have to do with mutation? Both Cherie and Momma have dark eyes and dad has the white iris?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Cherie doesn't have iris rings because she's young.

Momma doesn't have any mutations that would cause no iris rings, however IME males have more obvious iris rings than females.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.