Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recently got a new spangle a week ago and was wondering what type of spangle. I believe it is a female but still unsure. any help will be appreciated :D
Thanks
Hannah

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks :p i believe she is a violet spangle greywing but another budgie forum wants to disagree. so i thought id get another forums opinion :p

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm horrible with mutations, but wow, that is a
stunning little budgie! The details on the wings are
marvelous in the fourth, fifth, and sixth pictures!
Thanks for sharing such lovely photos.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so she is defiantly a cobalt violet then? :O
i am still unsure her gender lol i thought white around the nostrils was female? ha ha, i am still new on baby gender

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
i am still unsure her gender lol i thought white around the nostrils was female? ha ha, i am still new on baby gender
White around the nostrils does not always mean female as males can have this too, but when you take into consideration the color as a whole she looks like a female :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yup, definitely a cobalt violet.
There was an awful lot of pink on your budgie's cere which leads me to believe it's a male, especially since it's pink with blue around the bottom edges, and not a lot of white, but that could just be the lighting. :p One of my budgie's ceres looks white in some lights and pinkish-purplish blue in other lights! Only time and a genetics test will tell for sure. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.