Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My budgie’s name is Chim Chim. He is my sweet little companion, full of mischief and fun. He loves spending his time outside his cage with his toys. The last few days I noticed that his dropping was more watery with green poop in it. And today, he threw up 4 times in the day. And he has been sleeping all day long, hasn’t eaten anything and his poop is plain white and watery. He is a male blue colour budgie and his blue cere is changing colour to a dark colour which doesn’t look right to me. I have consulted an avian vet who has prescribed some medication and suspects gastric issues. The vet said the cere change could be hormonal but I have read about testicular tumour. Chim Chim has issues with his right leg too. It seems to be weaker than his left leg and every few months, the knee bend on the right leg gets inflamed. My vet had prescribed medication for this and It seemed to have helped.
Today, I was very worried to see my little baby on the bottom corner of his cage and I am praying so hard for him to recover from whatever this is. It’s 12am (midnight) now and I’m constantly monitoring him. He is sleeping in his cage, in my room next to me. Please pray that my baby recovers soon.

Vertebrate Product Beak Fence Mesh

Green Pet supply Line Mesh Wood

Attachments

·
Administrator
59,437 Posts
How is Chim Chim doing now?

His cere does look as though he may have testicular cancer which could also be causing problems with his leg. :(
Have you considered getting a second opinion from another Avian Veterinarian?

Prayers, love and healing energy are being sent for your little Chim Chim.

How long have you had him?
That cage is not big enough nor does it have the proper type perches and other necessities.
Essentials to a Great Cage

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

Locating an Avian Veterinarian

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Additionally, please be sure to read the thread "Posting on the Forums" which is linked below.

Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
(Stickies are threads “stuck” at the top of each forum sub-section)
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads