Talk Budgies Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For the past 2 days one of my budgies finally came on my finger😀🤩 Millet spray is the one! Sadly one of my budgies is still not brave enough. He doesn’t trust me😐

·
Super Moderator
18,458 Posts
Aw, I'm glad one of them ventured onto your finger! Remember, every budgie is different and feels comfortable at different times. Keep being patient and respectful of your budgie's space and soon the second one will soon be brave enough, too! :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Aw, I'm glad one of them ventured onto your finger! Remember, every budgie is different and feels comfortable at different times. Keep being patient and respectful of your budgie's space and soon the second one will soon be brave enough, too! :)
I know. I will be patient. The other budgie in the picture is the most afraid. He isn’t brave enough/hasn’t trusted me yet. He has millet when I feed it but as soon as I try to put my bare finger by him he moves away

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I had a question. The place I am living in has been extremely hot for the past week. It has been so hot. I have been spraying my budgies and also have been changing their drinking water regularly. Is this good enough?

·
Super Moderator
3,868 Posts
What do you mean changing the water regularly, are you not doing that when it is not so hot? The water should be changed at least daily more if it gets soiled or if you have vitamins in the water. Are the birds holding their wings out from the side of their body, if so that is an indication they are hot, if they are looking normal then they may not feel as hot as you do, their normal body temp is higher than ours so they may not feel the heat the same way we do. Spraying them is fine as long as they like it, spray from above and let the mist fall down on them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What do you mean changing the water regularly, are you not doing that when it is not so hot? The water should be changed at least daily more if it gets soiled or if you have vitamins in the water. Are the birds holding their wings out from the side of their body, if so that is an indication they are hot, if they are looking normal then they may not feel as hot as you do, their normal body temp is higher than ours so they may not feel the heat the same way we do. Spraying them is fine as long as they like it, spray from above and let the mist fall down on them.
I do change their water everyday. I don’t give them vitamins everyday. And if I do give them I empty it and clean it properly. No they are not holding their wings out. I think they are fine with the temperature. I spray them using the mist spray cans

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I had a question about my budgies. When I let them out the cage they take so long to get out. They don’t want to get out. I have had them for almost 3 months. And I let them out the cage frequently. And when they do come out they fly for a few seconds then sit on my canvases. Would anyone give me advice on how to make them fly more? I want them to get exercise as sitting in one place is pointless because they do that in the cage.

·
Administrator
56,577 Posts
Budgies should be allowed to come out of the cage when they want to come out.
Budgies don't fly continually. They fly in spurts.
Give them a playground and some perches outside the cage for them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Budgies should be allowed to come out of the cage when they want to come out.
Budgies don't fly continually. They fly in spurts.
Give them a playground and some perches outside the cage for them.
Ok thats fine. I was thinking the same, that they don’t continuously fly

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Administrator
56,577 Posts
Use a mineral block along with the cuttlebone.

Yes, the lettuce is fine but has no real nutritional value.

Other green leafy vegetables you can offer include:
Kale
chard
collard greens
fresh beet greens
fresh mustard greens
fresh turnip greens
endive
romaine
watercress
fresh sprouts
chickweed and dandelion leaves (ensure they have not been chemically treated)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts