Talk Budgies Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For the past 2 days one of my budgies finally came on my finger😀🤩 Millet spray is the one! Sadly one of my budgies is still not brave enough. He doesn’t trust me😐

·
Super Moderator
18,252 Posts
Aw, I'm glad one of them ventured onto your finger! Remember, every budgie is different and feels comfortable at different times. Keep being patient and respectful of your budgie's space and soon the second one will soon be brave enough, too! :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Aw, I'm glad one of them ventured onto your finger! Remember, every budgie is different and feels comfortable at different times. Keep being patient and respectful of your budgie's space and soon the second one will soon be brave enough, too! :)
I know. I will be patient. The other budgie in the picture is the most afraid. He isn’t brave enough/hasn’t trusted me yet. He has millet when I feed it but as soon as I try to put my bare finger by him he moves away

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I had a question. The place I am living in has been extremely hot for the past week. It has been so hot. I have been spraying my budgies and also have been changing their drinking water regularly. Is this good enough?

·
Super Moderator
3,515 Posts
What do you mean changing the water regularly, are you not doing that when it is not so hot? The water should be changed at least daily more if it gets soiled or if you have vitamins in the water. Are the birds holding their wings out from the side of their body, if so that is an indication they are hot, if they are looking normal then they may not feel as hot as you do, their normal body temp is higher than ours so they may not feel the heat the same way we do. Spraying them is fine as long as they like it, spray from above and let the mist fall down on them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What do you mean changing the water regularly, are you not doing that when it is not so hot? The water should be changed at least daily more if it gets soiled or if you have vitamins in the water. Are the birds holding their wings out from the side of their body, if so that is an indication they are hot, if they are looking normal then they may not feel as hot as you do, their normal body temp is higher than ours so they may not feel the heat the same way we do. Spraying them is fine as long as they like it, spray from above and let the mist fall down on them.
I do change their water everyday. I don’t give them vitamins everyday. And if I do give them I empty it and clean it properly. No they are not holding their wings out. I think they are fine with the temperature. I spray them using the mist spray cans

21 - 28 of 28 Posts