Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have another addition to our budgie family. Cloud has matured and now we have Sunshine. Can anyone tell me the sex/variety/genetics of these 2 birds? if they are opposite sex, what color / variety babies would you expect?

[/URL], on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL] Cloud and Sunshine by Danakochan, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL] Cloud by Danakochan, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL] Cloud and Sunshine by Danakochan, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL] Sunshine by Danakochan, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL] Sunshine by Danakochan, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks in advance for your help~

Danakochan

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
We have another addition to our budgie family. Cloud has matured and now we have Sunshine. Can anyone tell me the sex/variety/genetics of these 2 birds? if they are opposite sex, what color / variety babies would you expect?

Danakochan
These two cuties are both females. I will move this post to mutations and genetics so you can learn their mutations from the experts there :)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I think Sunshine is a dark green opaline domanant pied.
Cloud I would say is a sky blue full body color greywing opaline.

They are both beautiful little girls! :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Both are female so no babies

Opaline dominant pied light green

Opaline full body greywing sky blue

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I thought for sure Cloud was a girl, so I said I wanted another girl and choose Sunshine because she came up to my hand and nibbled lightly and got on top, climbing my arm and preening my fine arm hair. Finally the period of isolation then the slow introductions are over and these two get on really well, = so well that I was wondering if I made a mistake and got a mating pair? LOL Double checking to see if I needed to get a nest box, guess not~

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If we ever decided to get a male, what variety/color would make the cutest chicks for these two? Right now we are enjoying just the two and we have another female one which I am taking care of for someone else while they are out of state for over a month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.