Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start, My bird Olive (male unknown age about 6 years?) He was from an aviary of like 300 birds at a festival were you paid from a popsicle stick covered in seed and they probably starved the birds so they would all fly to you and eat it. anyways, I got him from there and had him for about 5 years. he was normal and healthy, but I was pretty young so maybe I missed signs, but one time like a year before he got sick his poop was grey which I now know is usually ptissocis. He slowly went downhill for about 3 months, he probably would have died earlier as he looked obiously sick (skinny, fluffed, lethargic) he ate and drank enough to live. and I kept him in a little hospital cage and kept it warm. I didn't take him to the vet as we were very down on our luck at the time when I owned him. He had one good day before passing in his sleep. None of my other birds got sick and neither did I . so I'm not sure if ptissocis. any one think of something else it could be or was it most likely ptissocis?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he had to of gotten while being in the aviary. since pticcosis is know to be dormant sometimes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.