Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I hate to bother you with another one of my over worried threads, but Charlie's chest was all wet when I walked into the living room this afternoon. I'm assuming he jumped into the water dish, but I'm not 100% sure. He was shaking pretty badly and I assumed he was cold so I plucked him out of the cage and dried him off.

Here he is all wet.

I dried him off, but he's still wet around the vent.

Now he's fluffy and pouting.

With a droopy tail.

I am assuming that it's water, but my compulsion to worry is fearing that it's vomit because his feathers had a funky tint to them.

Thanks in advance for you help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Deborah for your quick response and for the compliments on the budgies! :) I'm glad he just took a bath in the water dish and there's nothing wrong. I feel like my favorite thing to do in life is worry. :laugh:

I blame Ginny for Charlie's water dish habits. She is a terrible example.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Alyssa, Charlie is gorgous and like FaeryBee says, he has just taken a wee bath in his water bowl to freshen up. My Damon does it all the time. I love that photo of Ginny practically submerged in her water. That is amazing. I can even see her wee feet through the plastic. Congratulations on your beautiful budgies.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you, Starling. :) he really doesn't mind when I come at him with a towel. He quiets down and lays in it, usually trying to pull the fabric so that it covers him. It's usually when I come at him with my hands that he gets upset with me. Mallorn sounds spoiled! :D

Thank you, Janna. I'm glad I am not the only one with budgies who swim in the water dish. They never seem to get tired of doing it, which is unfortunate because it makes a mess. :giggle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.