Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Easter Sunday is even more special now, my football (Soccer for you guys in America) team Benfica has just won the game that granted the National Championship title! :party: There are fireworks going off as I'm typing this and in a little while we will be going to the streets to celebrate the win.
I'm so happy the good guys won, Benfica is the best!! National Champions for the 33rd time! Viva o Glorioso Benfica!! :D :party2:
Hurray Benfica, Portugal!!! :party:

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
Lately my fiancee has almost forced me to watch football with him! :p But I wouldn't know about Benfica! I heard about this win! Way to go, Benfica!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hi aluz,
I am originally from Scotland and I recognise a few of the names of European teams when I see them, so I have heard of Benfica.Way to go,Benfica!Have they played yet in the European Cup?

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi aluz,
I am originally from Scotland and I recognise a few of the names of European teams when I see them, so I have heard of Benfica.Way to go,Benfica!Have they played yet in the European Cup?
Thanks for sharing the enthusiasm, Despina and Trish! :D

Yes, they started the season playing on the Champions League but were eliminated and are currently on the semi finals for the Europa (UEFA) League.
The team will be playing against Juventus.
Last season, Benfica was in the finals also on the Europa League, but lost the title against Chelsea.

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol,aluz!
Now my husband wants to know who is in the other semi-final for the UEFA cup.Do you know?:)
If I recall correctly, it's two Spanish teams also on the Europa League, they are Sevilla and Valencia.

If I were to guess, both Benfica and Juventus will be favourites because they are the most well known out of the 4. It's a shame they can't both be on the finals.

For the Champions League, the last 4 teams standing are Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern and Atlético Madrid.

·
Registered
854 Posts
If I recall correctly, it's two Spanish teams also on the Europa League, they are Sevilla and Valencia.

If I were to guess, both Benfica and Juventus will be favourites because they are the most well known out of the 4. It's a shame they can't both be on the finals.

For the Champions League, the last 4 teams standing are Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern and Atlético Madrid.
Thanks,aluz.My husband thought Chelsea was in the mix somewhere.Best of luck to Benfica!!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.