Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have one female budgie of 18 months old. I am looking for a male budgie to mate with her. I live in Medford, MA. Could some one help on this?

Thanks a lot.
Best,

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
Why are you wanting to breed your bird? Breeding should not be undertaken without acquiring a vast amount of knowledge. Please take a look at this link and answer honestly to yourself the questions it asks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you wanting to breed your bird? Breeding should not be undertaken without acquiring a vast amount of knowledge. Please take a look at this link and answer honestly to yourself the questions it asks.
My budgie used to have a male mate with her. And they have about 14 young ones already. However, 2 months ago, my male budgie fled away. Now, I am thinking of getting a new mate for her.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There's enough budgies in the world, my mans. It's never a guarantee those chicks will go on to lead happy and healthy lives. Is it not possible to get her a mate but not actively encourage them having babies? Seems rather heartless to continually put her through the exhaustion of having babies.

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

Before breeding any species, it is important to learn as much about the animals, their personalities, and the best practices to follow for responsible and ethical breeding prior to making the commitment to take on the responsibility.

You indicate your female is only 18 months old and has already had 14 chicks.
The fact that your title says you "Need a male budgie to mate with my female one" is a true red flag. You do not need your budgie to mate.

How many clutches had she had?
How many chicks were in each clutch?
How long did you own budgies before allowing her to breed?
How many times did you breed her and what age was she when she had her first clutch?
How much research did you do before allowing these two budgies to breed?
How large is the cage you had them in?
What specific diet are you giving the budgies?
Are you certain the two budgies you had were not related?
Were you giving the female calcium supplements?

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Please respond to the questions asked above.
I'm asking all other members to refrain from responding to this thread until the questions asked have been specifically answered and then to allow staff to deal with this matter.

FaeryBee (Deborah)
Talk Budgies Administrator

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies