Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this gorgeous one up today :)

In the shop looked like a **** however in my lighting looks like a hen lol, there are two mutations I was thinking it could be but I'm not 100% on both of them as it's not a type I have kept before so if everyone could me their opinions on what they think/ know my little one is would be appreciated.

Will try and get better pictures tomorrow lol.

From what I can see, there is very washed out body colour, faded wing markings on the top and near the middle and some darker green on the rump, which makes me think Clearbody however I also thought Saddlebacks had those back markings.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hmm. I don't think s/he is a saddleback because usually their markings go from grey at the top (including the stripes on the neck/head) and gradually turn back to black near the bottom of the wings.

So s/he might be a texas clearbody, though I'm not totally familiar with that coloration yet. Still learning my budgie colors. XD So I'd wait for a more expert opinion.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. I don't think s/he is a saddleback because usually their markings go from grey at the top (including the stripes on the neck/head) and gradually turn back to black near the bottom of the wings.

So s/he might be a texas clearbody, though I'm not totally familiar with that coloration yet. Still learning my budgie colors. XD So I'd wait for a more expert opinion.
I was leaning more towards clearbody myself but having never seen either mutation in person, and we all know how tricky pictures can be for not showing true lol.

Also the body colouring makes me think clearbody as it's only really the rump that is truely green the rest is a light yellow looking shade, will have a better look in natural light tomorrow shop lights were a bit of a nightmare lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.