Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is chicks mutation possibility if i pair budgies in this way :

1.Blue Opaline Male + yellow Dark-Eyed Clear Female = ?
2.Female Reccesive pied + Male Dominant Pied = ?
3.yellow Dark-Eyed Clear Female + Male Dominant Pied =?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
631 Posts
Um... I'm not to good with mutations I'm sure someone will be able to help you it helps to post pictures.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello...in my opinion as I see it

1.Blue Opaline Male + yellow Dark-Eyed Clear Female = ?...Green normals and Opaline hens and males split Opaline all split blue and all split recessive pied....Best breeding to improve recessive pieds when breeding a male youngster back to a visual blue recessive pied hen...or could use an Opaline youngster to a visual blue Rec Pied male.

2.Female Reccesive pied + Male Dominant Pied = ?...no colour..Normals and Dom pied all split recessive pied....not advised.

3.yellow Dark-Eyed Clear Female + Male Dominant Pied =?...Green normals and Dom pieds all split Recessive pied. ...not advised..
**Dark eyed clears are a form of Rec Pied**

***Breeding Dom Pieds and Recessive Pieds together is not advisable as it tends to give poor marked Dom Pieds.If you are breeding for show adding rec pied traits to Dom pieds will diminish the size quality.*****
Hope this helps

·
Registered
230 Posts
Isn't the Dark Eyes Clear Mutation a mix of Reseccive Pied and Clearflight Pied?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello...Yes a Dark eyed clear mutation is a mix of Rec pied and ClearFlight Pied.If the Pieds that you are referring to are Clearflights that you want to use ..ok ...but not the Dutch Dom Pieds or Australian Pied.To get more Dark eyed clears breed your dark eyed clears to a Rec pied.If you want to increase the size and and quality of the Rec pieds breed them to normals and then back to Rec Pieds.It depends on what your goal is as to how you breed these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.