Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was hoping that some of the experts could give me an idea of what mutation my newest budgie Chiquita is. Here are a few pictures of her. Thank you in advance.
Vicki:budgie:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Its always a bit tricky when you get genetically mish-mashed birds with dilute varieties in the mix, but it looks to be a light greygreen opaline greywing. Possibly a dilute instead of greywing, but i havent the time i need to look over the picture properly :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its always a bit tricky when you get genetically mish-mashed birds with dilute varieties in the mix, but it looks to be a light greygreen opaline greywing. Possibly a dilute instead of greywing, but i havent the time i need to look over the picture properly :)
How can you tell the difference between greywing and dilute? If I had to choose, I would say her wings are slightly more grey than cinnamon.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
How can you tell the difference between greywing and dilute? If I had to choose, I would say her wings are slightly more grey than cinnamon.

The difference between greywing and dilute is strictly down to the level of dilution. Greywings can have a dilution of body colour up to 50%, whereas dilutes have all colour diluted up to around 90%.

On second look im not so sure about greygreen and the dilution looks quite even and more than 50% so it could very well be a light green opaline dilute.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is not both cinnamon and dilute because the cinnamon dilutes the body colour and if both mutations were present she would be much paler. She is opaline and I think greywing. The greywing gene also dilutes the body colour. But she could be an opaline dilute that is darker than most dilutes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.