Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...so here's my second little guy Beanie.
I got a new camera (YAY, it's awesome!) so that means I finally got some decent pictures of him. Can someone help me with his mutation? He has a tiny bit of blue around his bum.

I know he's pied and looks to be clearwing but other than that, I have no idea.
Thanks in advance for the help....

Also, last pic is Beanie and Sheldon grooming each other. We got Sheldon in March of '10 and Beanie in October of '10... it wasn't until this last week that they started grooming and feeding each other. Well, they groom each other but Beanie only feeds Sheldon.

Attachments

Reactions: Budgiekin

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Susan..that's at least a start! I also need to get some better pics of Sheldon. I think he's a clearwing.

Beanie's belly color looks a little mottled now...he just came through his first big molt since we've had him.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is a clearflight pied dark green.
It is common for dark green birds to have some bluish feathers, especially when they are young.

Clearflight pied is not the same a Clearwing. A clearwing is similar to a greywing but has a brighter body and lighter wing markings.

Sheldon looks more like a dilute than a clearwing

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks so much, Nev!

I think Beanie's older than a year. He had white around his irises when we got him. Sheldon is a bit younger, we think. His irises were solid black for about the first 4 months we had him then the white ring showed up.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a better picture of Sheldon from last year.

·
Registered
16,696 Posts
Beanie is oh so cute. :love: Can I have him? :love: Just kidding... :p

Sheldon looks like my Phoenix. :D

Your camera did a great job in capturing the two of them. It took me a moment to figure out how Sheldon was snuggling up to Beanie though! :p

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was taken halfway across the room and then I was able to zoom in and crop that part out of the original. Sheldon was leaned in letting Beanie 'groom' his toupee.... LOL

As far as having Beanie...right now my husband would probably say "YES!!!" because they have become very vocal and chattery since the time change. I came home from work last week and they were covered with a light blanket. I asked him what was wrong... I got a growl and a "They wouldn't shut up. I'd turn the tv up and they'd get louder. So I'd turn the tv up louder and they'd get EVEN louder!!!" It was funny.

·
Registered
16,696 Posts
It's hilarious how they get louder when their surroundings are loud! I love it! :p

Your hubby will get used to it I am sure. :p

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk App.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool! Thanks Nev...so glad to finally know!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.