Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Louie Bloo.:) I really think he is a violet..it doesn't show up really well in his pictures, but he has a lot of purple around his neck area and some running through his body.

So just wondering if I'm right or if he is a colbalt?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think he's a single factor Violet Cobalt..Violet never really shows up in pics well, but he looks just like one of my budgies who is a single factor Violet Cobalt. But as you title says...wait for Nev to reply lol. He's the expert here, I'm just trying to learn.
Very pretty by the way!:D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Single factor violet often only shows as a violet hue around the neck. Sometimes if the violet is over sky blue the bird will look like a cobalt. It's very difficult to tell in a photo but I think it is a single factor violet sky blue. The violet is usually more obvious over cobalt

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
man you guys are good.. i feel so stupid reading all this hehe.. i will start to educatate myself on the mutations.. who knows maybe ill get good enough that someone will post a therad sayin Bugster23..Muation question lol.. i doubt it though hehe..

you have a very pretty bird Julea.. and thats all i got to say... :D

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
i can see the violet around his neck, I have a few like that, My Tweety is one of them and i found out after his last clutch he is actually a violet sky blue and not a cobalt after all

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Dallas was always labelled at a Cobalt as well but she was also a single factor Violet sky blue like your Louie Bloo :)

He is so gorgeous by the way. He's got the cutest, bluest (with violet) belly! :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow. After reading this, I think my Sully may be a violet sky blue as well...he's got that purplish hue around his neck too. You learn something new every day! :D

Louie Bloo is completely adorable. I want to snuggle him. :)

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
i have that same contemplation with Fuji who is Loui Boo''s twin (i'm starting to believe).
In pictures, he doesn't look as bright as he does in real life. He too has violet around his neck and between his wings at the back. so i duno know either.
Here he is:

btw Loui Boo is such a cutie in that picture :) maybe they were separated at birth ;)

what do you experts think? ;)

Attachments

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
When i asked about how tweety and Jasmine got a grey baby on their last clutch on another forum (for all birds) , the pic i posted had Tweety and Blizzard(his grey baby) together, and I was told that Tweety had to be violet sky blue in order to get Blizzard because they could see a violet shimmer in Blizzards rump

here is the pic I posted that got my answer on how they got Blizzard (by the way jasmine is a yellow face type 2 sky blue, who has violet on her lower stomach )

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!:D For the information and the kind words about my Louie Bloo. He is beautiful and I fully believe that he and Fuji are twins!

So I never would have guessed a sky blue because he is a darker blue , but his color always lightenens up in pictures. Interesting.:) But maybe that's because the violet does run through his blue making it look darker than it actually is. This stuff is fascinating!

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
Okay i'll post my girlie's here too... I know Kiki's but Kara looks like Louie Bloo so.. here's my big girl :)
Just like Louie, Kara's colours come out lighter due to the flash >.< hehe she is the most basic mutation and i don't even know it :eek: i love it how she has so many cheek spots :)

she's the big thing on the right :XD:

Sorry Julea! i took over your thread :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.