Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit stumped on the mutations of these two cute little babies :)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

:budgie:

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Im guessing the first one is a
Full-body-color greywing sky blue opaline
im stumped by the other one also:eek:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Picture 1 - opaline greywing sky blue

Picture 2 - opaline greywing green & a yellow face spangle

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much.
So... Blue babies parents are a sky violet opaline spangle(Male) and sky blue opaline(Female) Male is also split for clearbody

Green babies parents are yellow DEC (must be split opaline?)(Male) and sky violet opaline spangle (Female) (daugther of first pair)

Do they both have to be split greywing to have greywing? I looked at the genetics calendar and can't quite figure it out. Can these pairs also have clearwing????

·
Registered
428 Posts
1 looks like a opaline graywing sky blue. Could also be a full body color graywing.
2 top one looks like an opaline clearwing green. Can't tell what shade of green it is.
2 bottom one looks like a spangle yellowface skyblue.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Do they both have to be split greywing to have greywing? I looked at the genetics calendar and can't quite figure it out. Can these pairs also have clearwing????
Black barring, graywing, clearwing, and dilute are all different alleles of one gene.
Black barring is dominant to graywing, clearwing, and dilute.
Graywing is recessive to black, codominant to clearwing, and dominant to dilute.
Clearwing is recessive to black, codominant to graywing, and dominant to dilute.
Dilute is recessive to black barring, graywing, and clearwing.
This page has a good explanation.

I compiled a montage of the graywing/clearwing/dilute blue mutations here for comparison purposes because they can look similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.