Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these 2 out of my clutch of 6 that I'm kinda iffy on what their mutation is.

Shine: I believe is a dominant pied light green

Baby 3: Double factor dominant pied? Looks just like mommy.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm thinking dominant pied for both, or maybe clearflight pied for the 1st one. I'm sure the experts will know better. Congrats, they are adorable no matter the mutation!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Can they be clearflight AND dominant pied?
they could be, if they had a clearflight and a dominant pied parent. though neither of them look like a clearflight to me...

they both look like dominant pieds, if both parents were pied then the second one could well be a df.

·
Registered
870 Posts
they could be, if they had a clearflight and a dominant pied parent. though neither of them look like a clearflight to me...
Actually I was asking for my own devious needs :D I'd just never seen mention of the combination of the two before, and I have such a birdie. I thought maybe I'd been mistaken, but I'm glad someone was able to back me up on it :)

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, well....The dad is a normal, but his parents were a male light green dominant pied and a female albino. The mother of the clutch is still confused. One eye has an iris ring and the other doesn't. I was told on here she was a double factor dominant pied. This is her 2nd clutch, her other clutch had normals, double, and single factor dom pieds with a dominant pied. (that info is more for her mutation if anyone knows correctly). Here are pics

(her back)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
As the father is a normal the chick can't be a double factor dominant pied. The mother can't be a double factor either if she has had chicks that were not dominant pied.

A bird can be both clearflight pied and dominant pied at the same time. So it is possible that your hen is both mutations. If she is both mutations she could have chicks of either mutation, normals or combinations but she could only have double factor dominant pieds if she was mated to another dominant pied

The father will be split for ino so he should leave some ino daughters

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.