Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just introduced Butter to the flock, just wondering her mutation. I haven't seen one like her before. Very stunning. Here she is.

Thanks

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhh, she is soooo pretty. She looks like velvet! :)

·
Budgie Adorer
689 Posts
Ohhhh very interesting indeed. At frirst glance I would have said Dom pied yf2 grey.. but now I'm lost for words after seeing the wing pictures... Might be clearwing yf2 dom pied grey.... To the experts! :p

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Ohhhh very interesting indeed. At frirst glance I would have said Dom pied yf2 grey.. but now I'm lost for words after seeing the wing pictures... Might be clearwing yf2 dom pied grey.... To the experts! :p
I'm not sure of her mutation either :p
Some dominant pieds have clear wings though, my Sonny has clear wings very similar to Butter's :)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Ooooh she is gorgeous! I love the yellow and gray. I've never seen a budgie like that.

·
Budgie Adorer
689 Posts
Hes a YF2 df grey maybe... Don't know about what would come out. Definitely yellow face greys and probably a mix of greywings and normals. Somebody pro at genetics will come alone and give you your answers :)

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well next year i wasnt to breed only at the max 3 pairs that couldnt breed this year. All i got this year were 4 female normal opalines, 4 normal green males, and 6 pied blue/white babies. it seems like all of mine just want green babies. :p

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Dewey is not a grey green, he's yellow face grey.

Paired with Butter, if they are both single factor grey you'd 50% single factor grey, 25% double factor grey & 25% blue. Half would be dominant pied.

I think that Dewey's yellow face is type 1 & Butter's is type 2 so you'd get some of each type and some of both types & some white faces

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you sure nev? because when i got him you said he was grey green. But ok.

And thanks. It sounds like they will make pretty babies :)

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh ok. It must have been someone else and i must have been dreaming. lol. Thanks so much for your help nev

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hah! I have to admit checking both threads I would still say he looks greygreen in the first thread and had I not known it was the same bird I totally would have said this one was a yellowface grey.

This latest picture is MUCH clearer. Goes to show just how much ambient lighting, flash, focus and image quality make a difference eh.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.