Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

This is my new baby budgie. I think (hope, pray:) it's a male. I also think it's a Cobalt blue. Can you guys confirm? Thank you!

He looks pretty dark in person. In the pictures his cere looks like it has white rings, but it doesnt' look like that in person...maybe the flash?

Vicki:budgie:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Thank you! Yes, isn't he the cutest? Might name him Blueberry, but I don't know, still working on a name I think:)

Blueberry is a cute name. I was checking your post again and I noticed the bottom part.. I missed it at first lol. You say he is darker in person so maybe he is a cobalt then. Cobalts are so dark though and your budgie has a very pretty powdery blue that doesn't look like skyblue.

The budgie in my avatar is a skyblue :p

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yup definitely a male. And looks like a Cobalt single factor Violet, hard to tell in pics, especially since you used the flash.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Yup definitely a male. And looks like a Cobalt single factor Violet, hard to tell in pics, especially since you used the flash.
He could also be a skyblue violet right? Now that I think about it his color is much like my Cielito's.. and she is a skyblue violet.

Cobalt violets are more purpleish looking.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blueberry is a cute name. I was checking your post again and I noticed the bottom part.. I missed it at first lol. You say he is darker in person so maybe he is a cobalt then. Cobalts are so dark though and your budgie has a very pretty powdery blue that doesn't look like skyblue.

The budgie in my avatar is a skyblue :p
I edited my post probably after you viewed it the first time:) I made the picture smaller and added the second picture.

Yes, he is much too dark for a sky blue (at least I think so). He isn't bright blue or turquoise it's a darker blue. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I used the flash:( I can try and get some pictures of him without it, but maybe the other picture will be easier to tell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.