Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted these pics in the new arrivals area, but really keen to know the mutation of my new little one.

My extremely amateur guesses are: the yellow on the face extends into the wings, although you cannot really see it on these pics, so does this make it a type 2? Assuming from the chest band it's a pied (dominant??), and not sure whether it's a dilute/grey wing? LOL. I'm probably completely wrong on all accounts, but it's fun guessing...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can't be much help to you in the mutation department :eek: but your bird is absolutely beautiful!! Are your little guy's feet ok? They look like he's turning his toes in quite a bit.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I was very taken by his colouring too :).

No, unfortunately I think he hasn't had a very good start to his life. Presume it's from poor nesting :(. I just bought him today from a garden centre; I know there's nothing I can do to fix his feet but hoping to give him as good a life as possible :).

·
Registered
92 Posts
:( Poor baby....unfortunately you can't change a previous lack of care, but giving him a new start and a long happy healthy life can make all the difference in the world!! :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just shamelessly bumping this as I would really like to know Douwe's mutation?

If the photos aren't clear enough I will attempt to get more... :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
From what I can tell he's Violet Grey Grey wing Clear Flight pied
his body color Maybe mauve

his feet are like that because of 1 of 2 reasons
A) - Splayed leg - some times it only effects the feet
B)- He at one time had a sever case of Scaly face- feet mites and it wasn't treated properly or early enough and caused his feet to become deformed

either way you'll be surprised how well he'll be able to get around :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the responses - wow I've always fancied a violet so that's extra lovely if he is. Interesting info about the feet too, I hadn't thought of the second option. He seems to be getting around okay, a few stumbles and slips, but I guess being so young doesn't help that :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.