Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thanks. That's good to know.
Someday maybe, we'll find one of those lovely iron ones Cody mentioned for a decent price up here in Canada!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Today we explored outside of the cage for the first time. She happily hops onto our fingers and enjoyed exploring both the kids and the floor. Even tried the broccoli!!
Sometimes when she hops on our hands she starts nibbling on us. She keeps taking little nibbles all over. Sometimes it pinches a bit.
I have read that nibbling is good. And biting is bad. How do you tell the difference?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,848 Posts
You have made great progress with her. Budgies explore things using their beak and that is the nibbling, a bite is much harder and can be painful, there is a lot of power in that tiny beak.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Once again, thanks. You are so kind.
We are worriers over here, and always want to make sure we are doing the right things.
Don't want to push her too far or too fast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
New cage arrived.
Wiped it down and assembled it.
And the big move is at last complete.
i left in only one of the wood dowels that came with the cage.
And i did not put the grate in the bottom.
How does it look?
Anything look obviously wrong?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,848 Posts
It might be helpful for Melody if you had a longer ladder, being that her wings are clipped, can she easily get to the food and water where they currently are placed without falling? It might also be helpful for her if there was a perch running between the food and water at the lower part of the cage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Ok that’s helpful, thank you. Maybe if I move the wood dowel one since it runs the entire width...
She’s sleeping on it right now...
I’ll go and see if our local pet store has a bigger ladder. Hopefully, she’ll be able to get around...

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.