Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I thought it is a female budgie - we asked for one, but I have my doubts about that. Can anyone help here and with the mutation please? Thank you

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
It looks like a male in these pics. I will try at the mutation and say YF2 sky blue spangle. I think the YF2 turned the blue to green. Cant see real well if its opaline or not. Very pretty bird.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like a male in these pics. I will try at the mutation and say YF2 sky blue spangle. I think the YF2 turned the blue to green. Cant see real well if its opaline or not. Very pretty bird.
Rick, I hope one of the experts will come and tell us. I have checked on Lindsey pages and it can be a female, but not sure about the mutation. It is I think a spangle too!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I there no one on this forum who can tell me what mutation is this new budgie of mine!!

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
It looks like a male to me too, a female of that age would normally have a pale blue or white cere but your little one has a very deep blue like a male :)

For his mutation I think cobalt sf goldenface spangle :) He could also be carrying a violet factor or two, I do not see any opaline :)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, a goldenface! Thank you, Lindsey!! I know you would help me if you see my thread. I am now of to your site to see more.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Wow, a goldenface! Thank you, Lindsey!! I know you would help me if you see my thread. I am now of to your site to see more.
No problem! :) He could also be a sf yellowface II, but it is a very deep yellow so I would lean more toward goldenface. Sometimes the 2 can look very similar :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.