Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I decided to bite the bullet and get another budgie a few weeks back. It was a tough decision after losing two previously, so close to one another. I didn't know if I wanted to go through it again but the place was so quiet. Anyhow, Buster has been with us for a few weeks and he has been fine. He's currently singing away happily, but I know how quick that can change.

Recently he has been moulting (the weather has warmed up considerably, so was to be expected) but the last few days his droppings have changed colour from green-black to pea green, they are quite bright green, although the consistency is ok. I have a picture here: , they are a bit brighter than they've come out in the picture...

Would anyone be able to shed any light on the causes of this, is it the moult? he seems fine in himself but I don't want to take any chances.

Thanks

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
If the diet hasn't been altered at all, then it is probably molt related. During molt their bodies require more from from their food to recover, and dropping often look different. That dropping doesn't look bad to me. Egg/Egg food is good to give to help during molt...:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help, he seems fine, eating a lot though. I will look up egg food. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.