Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new budgie, I couldn't help myself :p I was worried about my two not accepting my new albino girly (they seem to ignore her :(), so I got her a friend (its all for the birds sake, I swear! :p) I was just wondering what the mutation was, and I am having a hard time sexing it as well. Also, for 8 weeks old, it is sure a lot bigger than my albino girly Sky, so I was wondering if it was english? Thanks for any help :)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Doesnt look like an English budgie to me, just a bigger budgie :)
Also looks to be a yellow face type 1 pied (not sure what pied though) could be violet but not totally sure. :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Your new budgie looks like a opaline, dominant pied double factor violet with either yellow face type one on two. I'm not sure but I thinks its a boy. He is lovely. As for the English it may be a cross between American and English to me.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone :D And Spicky, what does "pretty poor" mean :p I'm sure its a compliment :p Any more weigh in on the sex? I was leaning towards female, but sometimes I think male...

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Type 1 yellow face opaline dominant pied cobalt violet. Appears male but not certain. Looks like it probably had some show budgies among it's ancestors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.