Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone! Yesterday I got 3 new birds! Someone was giving them away and I went to take a look. I couldn't resist bringing these 3 home, even though the previous owners wanted me to take more (like 20!!!!!). I am not very good at mutations, and I am still learning and trying to figure it out, but I will post my best guesses, then all you experts can correct me:p Lol! Here the little cuties are:

Bird 1: Male, Dominant Pied Mauve

Bird 2: Male, Type 2 Yellowface Cinnamon or greywing

On the Left-

Bird 3: Still a baby, so I'm not sure about gender (guesses would be great!!!), Dominant Pied light green greeywing or dilute??

Thanks for your help! I can't wait to hear your thoughts....

-Whitney

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
bird 1 - mauve clearflight pied male

bird 2 - skyblue golden face, not sure what other variety... either cinnamon if the markings are brown and it has a brown quill in the long tail feathers, or full bodied greywing if the markings are grey and the tail quill grey... unless it is a combination of both of course! i am no expert at the dilute varieties!

bird 3 - greygreen dominant pied dilute(?)

lets see what the others think.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Can't really help with the mutations but wanted to tell you that they are beautiful! Such vivid color on Bird 2.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
can you confirm the colour of the markings and tail on bird 2, i know the camera can skew brown and grey so it is hard to be sure...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much! Does anyone have a guess on the sex of bird 3? Oh, and I am pretty sure that bird 2 is a greywing becuase in person he looks more greyish than brown. What mutation do you think bird 3 is?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
if the markings are grey and the tail is grey then i would say full bodied greywing.

bird 3 looks like a male greygreen dominant pied dilute...

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
1/ Clearflight pied mauve
2/ Golden face or type 2 yellow face full body greywing cobalt
3 Dominant pied greywing male

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can see how it was hard to resist and you took home 3 .. they are all so beautiful .. very special each in their own way :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.