Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

These are the first budgies I've ever had that have beautiful coloration. Just wondering what they are called. I have my suspicions but I can use some help. :)

If anyone can help me identify their mutation type and genders I will be most thankful! I was told all are between 3 and 4 months old. Additional pictures are in my gallery.

We are Original colored! White base male and yellow base female maybe with a dark factor.

Blue does have a head spot and clear wing tips, but no belly mark. On the other hand the yellow has a long belly stripe and clear wing tips, but no head spot that I can see. :D Perhaps this will become more seeable after the first molt?

We think we are recessive pied. Hoping for Male and Female but both nose pieces look similar so we'll see.​

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
#1 Normal sky blue female
#2 Opaline medium green grey factor male
#3 Dominant pied grey wing or cinnamon (grey wing if the wind is grey and cinnamon if the wing is brown) Sky blue male
#4 Grey wing dominant pied light green female
#5 Recessive pied sky blue grey factor can't tell the gender
#6 Recessive pied olive green grey factor this one looks like a male but also not sure.

I'm not positive on all of the genders but I took a guess.

·
Registered
870 Posts
#3 Dominant pied grey wing or cinnamon (grey wing if the wind is grey and cinnamon if the wing is brown) Sky blue male
#6 Recessive pied olive green grey factor this one looks like a male but also not sure.

Regarding #2....what makes her a green-grey and not an olive?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thank you for your help. :)

#3 looks like a clearflight pied to me and do the last two birds have iris rings or not?
I was thinking that too, but I'm no expert;) I just checked and the last two birds have no iris rings.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Thank you for your help. :)

I was thinking that too, but I'm no expert;) I just checked and the last two birds have no iris rings.
Ok the last two are recessive pied :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Normal sky blue female
Opaline olive male (the cheek patches show it is olive not grey green)
Greywing clearflight pied sky blue male (could be a dominant pied with no band)
Greywing dominant pied light green female
Recessive pied sky blue female (could also be opaline)
Recessive pied dark green male

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.