Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
They should love it. I would bring the food and water cups up higher to avoid them being soiled with droppings.

·
Registered
45 Posts
@R&R, I'm considering this cage, I like that it can fit in my car to transport (well, just barely) vs the prevue ones also recommended here. if you don't mind I have a few questions?
1. how sturdy is it when placed on the cart? I see in your photo you have some kind of wire holding it down? I also read in the amazon q&a from 2018 two or three people wrote in that the cage wasn't quite secure on the cart, and others who state the cart is flimsy. A little worrying to me, I lost a couple birds as a child when the wind knocked over the cage and it came apart.
2. how many smaller doors are there around the cage?
3. is there a mechanism to keep the smaller doors closed, or are they free-gliding?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
It looks pretty similar to my McCage actually, just minus the ramps in my case.
The front feeders are likely sliders that drop into place on the bowls (gravity secured), with the side doors having built in friction-latches.
Mine has side-doors near the top on both sides and four "feeder" sliders on the front.

I tied all of mine shut with some bird-safe twine just to be sure though.

Mine sits nicely on the cart, but I did the same thing that @R&R did with the twist-ties to hold it in place ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
It’s finally here. Hopefully they love it! I tried to set it up the best for them as I could …lmk what you think View attachment 258961
My flock ignore swings down low they much prefer ones that hang from the roof. Some boys settle for the night cuddled together two to a swing. In the girls cage each budge must have her own swing or there are lots of sweary noises especially at bed time so four swings one in each corner!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My flock ignore swings down low they much prefer ones that hang from the roof. Some boys settle for the night cuddled together two to a swing. In the girls cage each budge must have her own swing or there are lots of sweary noises especially at bed time so four swings one in each corner!
Mine don’t seem to use the swings at all high or low that’s why I thought I would try it this way in the new cage but I’ll try again on the high maybe they’ll like it because the cage is higher

It looks pretty similar to my McCage actually, just minus the ramps in my case.
The front feeders are likely sliders that drop into place on the bowls (gravity secured), with the side doors having built in friction-latches.
Mine has side-doors near the top on both sides and four "feeder" sliders on the front.

I tied all of mine shut with some bird-safe twine just to be sure though.

Mine sits nicely on the cart, but I did the same thing that @R&R did with the twist-ties to hold it in place ;)
Better to be safe than sorry lol

@R&R, I'm considering this cage, I like that it can fit in my car to transport (well, just barely) vs the prevue ones also recommended here. if you don't mind I have a few questions?
1. how sturdy is it when placed on the cart? I see in your photo you have some kind of wire holding it down? I also read in the amazon q&a from 2018 two or three people wrote in that the cage wasn't quite secure on the cart, and others who state the cart is flimsy. A little worrying to me, I lost a couple birds as a child when the wind knocked over the cage and it came apart. It is very sturdy however we did the zip tiles in the front …it’s about 35 pounds so we don’t think it’s flimsy…I’ve had it 48 hrs and I love how easy it is to move it around different rooms. We love it so far no issues.
2. how many smaller doors are there around the cage? Two on the bottom two on top and two on the side …I’m still figuring it out
3. is there a mechanism to keep the smaller doors closed, or are they free-gliding? The ones on the top on the side I guess nesting doors? Are the only ones that I would tie a zip tie around all of the other doors are feeding doors and they seem
Secure

Thank you!
My answers are in bold :) let me know if you have additional questions…happy to help. We do love them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts