Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally have my bits and pieces for my cage, different wood branches for perches in hazel, Ash, Beech as well as a couple of shaped wooden perches and some ladders, i have a few toys and swings added all made in natural wood, i have a few to get like a calcium and mineral perch i have seen and i still have to build the play gym for them,

the cage size with stand is: W94 x D58 x H152cm
bar spacing is 1cm

actual cage size is: W92 x D56 x H125cm

now it says on a calculator that it can hold 11 budgies which is kinda a lot but least i know its not too small for a pair which is what i am aiming to get next week.

but what pair is best, mixed sexes or same sex?

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
I recommend you get budgies of the same gender so you will not have to be concerned about discouraging breeding.

Are you getting your budgies from a breeder or from a pet store?

W92 cm x D56 cm x H125 cm
I would never house more than four or a maximum of six budgies in a cage of that size.

If you are going to house two budgies in it, that will be great. I have two in a cage that is about that size!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okies two males it is.
sadly there aren't many places that breed budgies round here and with us being in lock down my only option is a pet store. the place is clean and they seem like they know what they are doing and they only sell birds no small pets so i guess thats good.

i have been researching for a few months now and i have the different seeds to make up my own mix thanks to the post by FaeryBee will change feed very very slowly,

i have lots and lots of ideas just not sure of how they will work out once i think them through some more lol

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Sounds great! I'll be looking forward to meeting your little ones through pictures once you have them and they are all settled in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.