Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Member of the Month January 2013
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made some hot dog buns in my new New England hot dog pan. I used a hamburger bun recipe. They smell awesome. They are cooling for 20 minutes then I can slice them.

I will post pictures after I slice them.

New England hot dog rolls are flat sided like bread so you can butter and toast them on the a grill. In NE they are famous for lobster rolls.

Linda is on her way home so we will try them with some cheese brats :).

If we like the texture I am going to make a batch of Mini hamburger buns for sliders next. Then some longer sub rolls for the homemade Italian sausage topped with the peppers with tomato sauce from Despinas recipe :).

4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well here is the finished project. Great recipe for hot dogs and burgers but not what I am looking for for a sub roll. Will make mini burger buns later :).

4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yum!! I am from Connecticut so we just call them... hot dog buns :giggle: and yes, HOT lobster rolls are the best :D They look delicious! Never thought of making them :)
When I lived in New Hampshire we called them hot dog buns too :). Now I am in Arizona they dont know what you are talking about when you describe them. Although I have heard a couple stores are starting to carry them here I have not seen them yet.

I got the pan to make them from your neighbors in Vermont, King Arthur Flour. I wish I were still there as they have awesome baking classes and I would love to take a few.

· 2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
they are great Rick!I want the recipe-I'd love to make these myself!we call them "ψωμάκια",-little breads!I hope you like the peppers too!

4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Making another batch same as first with different flour. I am using bread flour this time to see if more gluten helps. Also made a second batch of sub rolls and burger buns using bread flour also but a different recipe. I wish you could all smell my house right now :D.

4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They came out well. I like the recipe. The other recipe for the sub rolls I kind of messed up so I will have to do it again to see. I did bring 2 hotdog buns and a hamburger roll to one of the bakers at work today for some critiques. I will see her tomorrow and see what she says :).

4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I have the homemade sausage and homemade from the garden red sauce. Now I have the homemade rolls also, so all I need to get now is a recipe for mozzarella cheese and make some of that and I can eat a "Homemade sausage sub" :).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.