Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally broke down and got this one. I have been eyeing him about a month. I hope he's a him. He is kind og grey with olive undertones.

So, whats his mutation and gender? Having a time with photo bucket will get more later if needed.

Thanks Rick

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
He's a boy and an older boy. May be the photo, but his iris rings look pretty light. A year old or so. Did they say his age?

·
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would you say the mutation is?

No on the age. I assumed a year also. His band is red. I havent looked for #'s yet. Figure I will give him a day or two. She gets them from someone local who breeds for shows. He is from the same breeder as King Richard( Iris also).She may have recieved them together in late june. I am going to mark down both band infos and see if she will get me birthdates and any info about parents

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Not sure. His body color seems pale. YF grey. But I'm unsure if there's not something else there. Ask Lindsey or Nev to have a look.

·
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Erin and Jill. I'll wait for Lindsey and Nev and others opinions.
Keepimg on the Hyacinth theme I will name him Onslo or Emmit depending on his demeanor.

Rick

·
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone. Linda got home late last nite and asked what was the cage in the kitchen that was covered up. So I showed her the thread here. This morning she called me at work and said He looks so much better in person than the pics I took. I agree.
Now I have a choice of 3 females to put with him next month.

Chiffon

Skye

Violet

Any suggestions? And outcomes of each?

Thanks Rick

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
You could put him with Hyacinth...lots of people use greys in their lacewings programs as they supposedly cause less suffusion...
I don't know how you feel about the YF, but the idea of a YF white lacewing sounds cool to me.

I prefer not to use cinnamons with lacewings as to not dull the markings on the lacewings, but plenty of people use them. :)

Ok. Think I've solved it! Ha ha! :D

·
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chiffon is a creamino. Emitt is cinnamon gray. Couldnt they produce a lacewing?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Not directly. The hen will only pass her ino gene to the males who need two copies of ino. If he is split to ino and you're lucky, you could end up with a female lacewing. Correct me if I'm wrong, Lindsey or Nev.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.